The STF was delighted to run its innovative Goals After Pandemic (GAP) programme for a cohort of Willowbrook volunteers last week. The initiative was well received and we were delighted with the all round positive feedback. The GAP Project focuses on mental health, well-being, social interaction and goal setting in the wake of the Covid-19 Pandemic and seeks to provide support to members of the community, who may have faced the challenges of isolation or other factors brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic and perhaps now face the daunting prospect of re-entering the work environment or facing the prospect of looking for a new career or job.
Ian Turnbull – Volunteer Engagement Lead for Willowbrook said: “just to say a huge thank you to Phil in particular for delivering the GAP course to our volunteers last week. The feedback has been excellent from all the volunteers and hopefully this is the start of a great partnership between Willowbrook and Standing Tall.”
The one day programme was delivered by Phil Parr who is the STFs lead for mental health counselling: “it was a very enjoyable thing to do, but more importantly I feel it delivered a meaningful and helpful day to those who attended.”
Some feedback from attendees:
- Extremely useful, lots of helpful information learned, good self help techniques. Presented superbly.
- Tutor was excellent and the information delivered in an easy to understand manner. Well planned and well lead.
- Mindfulness demonstration was excellent.
- Phil was very open, friendly and knowledgeable.
- Very interesting and stimulating course. Will be recommending to others.
- Very relaxed and well run course with the right mixture of talking and participation.
- As you know a whole day of training can be overwhelming however the time just flew by as the subject was so interesting and most importantly for me without jargon. The timings on each session was just right to allow us to let the information sink in. When this pandemic is over there will be so many people impacted by it and hopefully I can use your training to help others.
The STF are delighted with this feedback and plan to run further day courses, for which the Foundation has secured some grant funding. If your organisation would like to hear more about this innovative day course, get in touch.